Fort Macleod Recycling Depot is located in the Curling Rink parking lot at the corner of 21st Street and 3rd Avenue. It is available for residents to use 24/7, aside from Monday mornings, when the trailers are being emptied.
We Currently Recycle
- Newsprint and magazines (inserts can stay in magazines or papers)
- Mixed paper
- Shredded paper (must be bagged)
- Clear glass
- Tin cans
- Plastic – coloured and clear
- Plastic milk jugs
Please assure recycled items are clean and dry. Sorting your products is necessary.
Products Not Accepted at Recycling Trailer
- Carbon Paper, Tin Foil, Wax Paper, Paper Towel
- Wood, Rubber Bands, Paper Clips
- Waxed Cardboard & Milk / Juice Cartons
- Books with Glued or Wired Bindings
- Styrofoam (egg cartons, packing chips, etc.)
- Wrapping paper (all types)
- Paint Cans, Aerosol Cans, Varsol Cans
- Plastic Bags – except those filled with shredded paper
- No plastic ties, strings or bags
- Telephone Books (There is a separate bin beside the recycling trailer for these)
- Used Oil, Oil Filters and Oil Jugs (Return for recycling to UFA Bulk Fuel at 214 13th Street)
The town operates a community composting site south of the cemetery. The two compost site accepts tree clippings, tree branches and grass clippings. While there, help yourself to wood chips and compost for your gardens and yards. Please remember to take plastic bags home with you.