Summer Seasonal Laborers I & II
3 Mowers, 1 Beatification and
1 Cemetery Maintenance
Positions are seasonal with an anticipated start date of May 6, 2019 and will end approximately August 30, 2019.
These positions will require you to perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks, including but not limited to:
- Mowing, watering, maintenance and improvements of parks, sports fields, green space and town facilities.
- Operating and maintaining equipment.
- Horticulture maintenance including planting, weeding and general maintenance.
- Cemetery maintenance including grass, tree trimming, painting, watering and filling graves.
- Other Duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required, a Drivers Abstract must accompany your resume.
- Standard First Aid Certificate is considered an asset.
- Experience operating equipment is considered an asset.
- Experience in landscaping/Horticulture considered an asset.
- Ability to perform various physical labour.
- Preference will be given to individuals enrolled in secondary education involving Horticulture or parks maintenance.
Summer Labourer I (1st year): $18.57 per hour
Summer Labourer II: $19.70 per hour
Hours of Work: 40-hours per week & some evenings and weekends
These positions are within the CUPE Local 70 Collective Agreement.
How to Apply:
All applications must quote the position they are applying for. We thank all applicants but only applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted. Interested applicants should submit a resume to [email protected], by mail or fax:
Attention: Albert Sandberg
Director of Operations
Box 1420 Fort Macleod, AB T0L 0Z0
Phone: (403) 553-4425
Fax: (403) 553-2426
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 28, 2019