Job Opportunity – Public Works Mechanic
The Town of Fort Macleod is looking to fill this role with an individual who under the supervision of the Public Works Foreman, supports our commitment to the citizens of the Town of Fort Macleod by providing support, service and assistance in the maintenance and efficient operation of the Town fleet and equipment as well as provide additional support and job functions within the public works department.
A detailed job description is available upon request via the How to Apply contact.
Education & Experience (Preferred or Required)
- Alberta Journeyman certification as a Heavy-Duty service
- 3-5 years of experience in automotive and heavy-duty mechanical
- 3-5 years of welding experience including Metal Inert Gas (MIG) and Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) preferred.
- Knowledge of Provincial legislation and regulation including the Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act and Occupational Health & Safety Act would be considered an asset.
- H2S Training, Standard first aid, Confined Space Entry and Rescue.
- Valid Class 3 required; Class 1 with Air brake endorsement (Q) would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Inspect, maintain, repair and/or replace automatic and standard transmissions; remove, install, and repair motors, rear, and front-end assemblies, steering and brake systems, electrical systems and hydraulic
- Perform testing tasks using test equipment in overhaul and tune-up of
- Repair and adjust construction pumps and hydraulic systems, maintain snow removal equipment and small motor equipment.
- Operate municipal equipment as required
- Assist Public Works department with various tasks and functions as
- Other related duties as may be
Work for this position is performed both indoors and outdoors, with exposure to inclement weather, hot/cold temperatures, confined spaces, heights, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and associated risks involved with field specimen and sample collection.
Environment and Compensation
This position is covered under a collective agreement with CUPE Local 70 and currently offers $34.06 per hour.
In addition to competitive wages, the Town participates in an extensive health and benefits package including the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 4:30 pm Thursday, June 24, 2021 however the posting will stay open until a suitable candidate is found.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to:
Director of Community & Protectives Services
Email: [email protected]