Permanent Full Time Administrative Clerk
The Town of Fort Macleod is currently seeking a Permanent full time Administrative Clerk to join our Administration department. Our ideal candidate is a detail oriented, organized and a customer service focused professional who has previous administrative and municipal experience. The successful candidate will have exceptional time management skills and the ability to positively interface with residents, employees, and contractors with a strong ability to have solution-based conversations.
Reporting to the Director of Operations this position will be responsible for supporting the senior management team with a primary focus within the operations department.
Key Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the efficient and effective use, integration, and maintenance of a variety of Town software and programs ie: Muniware, Square site, and Laserfiche; including updates, data entry and collection, forms creation, process automation and records management.
- Prepare and submit for approval documents, bylaw amendments, agreements, council submissions and other related materials.
- Assist with the development of new initiatives within the operations department ie: sidewalk winter maintenance program, gravel road calcium program etc.
- Assist with the Town of Fort Macleod’s asset management program and particularly the administration of the work order system.
- Administer department related communications and correspondence via email, phone, voicemail.
- Prepare departmental information for distribution through the Town’s various media outlets and assist with social media, voyent alert, website updates etc. as required.
- General office administration and duties as required.
- Other related duties as required.
Preference may be given to those who have completed a diploma in a related field, such as an Office Administration or Business program. Candidates must have a minimum of two years previous office administration experience with a strong emphasis being placed on proficiency within a variety of software platforms including Microsoft Office, Canva, Adobe Pro, Google etc. Previous experience within a unionized work environment in a municipal setting would be considered and asset.
Hours of Work: Full time permanent position – Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (one hour unpaid lunch)
Compensation: $26.51 as per the current CUPE local 70 rate
The Town of Fort Macleod participates in a comprehensive benefits program including extended health, dental as well as the Local Authorities Pension Program.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Town of Fort Macleod CLOSING DATE: 4:00 pm June 20, 2022, however the
ATTN: Liisa Gillingham post will remain active until position is filled.
Fort Macleod AB T0L 0Z0
Phone: (403) 553-4425