Position is seasonal with an anticipated start date of May 27, 2019 and will end approximately August 23, 2019.
This position will require you to perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks, including but not limited to:
- As a member of a team, you will research, develop and implement innovative and new programming for Fort Macleod youth that revolves around the following themes: leadership, personal development, community awareness, volunteerism, safety/prevention, environmental awareness, domestic violence awareness, relationship dynamics, heritage and the arts.
- You will ensure that all team members are working cooperatively, and keep the best interests of the participants as their first priority. l
- Research and compile resource materials for programs.
- Assist with evaluations and a final summer report.
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of all program participants.
- Coordinate teen volunteers for the summer programs specified above.
- Assist in the FCSS office with clerical tasks & other functions that occur with F.C.S.S.
- Other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Experience
- Learn to work within a specified budget to purchase supplies and equipment and be accountable for related expenditures.
- Learn to act in a professional manner throughout the term of employment and submit all required forms in a timely manner.
- Learn to provide leadership and supervision to all youth in programs specified above.
- Learn to maintain regular communication and feedback with the F.C.S.S. Coordinator.
- Learn to utilize resources and supports in the community.
- Possess First Aid, and CPR certification , Driver’s License is an asset
- We are looking for a student who is creative, energetic, and able to work independently in a challenging environment, with good planning and leadership skills.
Summer Youth Program Assistant: $15.00 per hour
Hours of Work: 35-hours per week
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a resume to [email protected], by mail or fax:
Attention: Angie O’Connor
Box 232 Fort Macleod, AB T0L 0Z0
Phone: (403) 553-4491
Fax: (403) 553-2189
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: April 5, 2019
We thank everyone for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Employment is dependent upon grant approval, criminal record check and current first aid and CPR certification.